S’moreos, the answer to your s’mores and Oreo cravings!!
I like the way you look and I want me s’more. No really, I want me s’more…
Ever craved s’mores AND Oreos at the same time but you’re too damn tired of relentlessly alternating between shoving cookie after cookie into your mouth? Well have I got the solution for you!!
These babies have all the s’mores flavor with that toasted marshmallow and hint of graham cracker but a chewy Oreo-inspired cookie serves as its base to squash those cravings as well.
(Why is this post written like an infomerical? I have no idea…)
But for 5 easy payments of $99.99, you can have ONE MILLION S’moreos sent to your home (don’t forget the $2000 S&H fee…).
I’m just kidding. These S’moreos are PRICELESS. So damn good, I’m GIVING you the recipe because well…let’s just face it…I’m just THAT nice, folks!
But fiiiiiiiirst…let’s take a look at the Valentine’s Day presents that Mama Bear bestowed upon me this year, shall we?
Ta-da!!! :) That’s cute, right? She’s calling me a ″Cupcake Guru″
Wait till you see the other gift…
Holy fuck, I laughed so hard when I first got this book! I thought, ″WTF, Mama Bear?! Are you trying to send me a not-so-subtle hint?!″ HAHA! I’ll certainly keep this book in mind when I decide to go hunting for a boyfriend… Actually, it’s a surprisingly interesting book but I was thrown off at first by the title :P I hope Mama Bear liked her presents!
I hope everyone had a fantastic Valentine’s Day whether or not you had a lover to share it with :) I had a FANTASTIC time! And remember, if you’ve got no one else, you’ve got a (real-life-non-fisting) friend in me!! (Read my last post about Valentine’s Day fisting if you don’t know what I’m talking about…)
Now, on to those S’moreos I’ve been talking about!
*Makes approximately 36 cookies
**I used Picky Palate’s super delicious Bakery Style Cookies and Cream Cookies recipe as my base cookies
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup of packed brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 TBSP of vanilla extract
- 1.75 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1/2 tsp of kosher salt
- 1.5 cups of semi-sweet chocolate chips, I used 1 cup of mini and 1/2 cup of regular so chocolate chips will be in every bite!
- 1 cup of cocoa powder
- 13-15 Oreo Cookies (one row in a standard box), finely ground
- 1 (10 oz) bag of regular-sized marshmallows
- 1/4 cup of graham cracker, finely ground
- Baking pans/cookie sheets, parchment paper, large mixing bowl, oven mitt
- Hand mixer, medium-sized ice cream scoop, rubber spatula, cooling racks
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat the butter and both sugars on medium in a large mixing bowl using the hand mixer until well combined. Add in the eggs and vanilla extract, mix on low until just combined.
- Add the rest of the ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, finely ground Oreo cookies, cocoa powder) minus the chocolate chips into the mixing bowl. Mix on low until just incorporated, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary with the rubber spatula. At this point, add the chocolate chips and mix on low until well incorporated.
- Using a medium ice cream scoop, drop balls of cookie dough onto the parchment paper-lined cookie sheets about one inch apart. When I did it, I had to do the cookies in two batches even though I used both cookie sheets at a time.
- Bake these babies for 8 mins, then open your oven, pull out your cookie sheet (using an oven mitt), and quickly top each cookie with a marshmallow, pushing down slightly so the marshmallow sinks into the cookie.
- Place back in the oven for another minute. Then take out the cookie sheet and place it underneath the broiler for 30 seconds. Remove, set aside, and repeat with the second cookie sheet if applicable. Sprinkle finely ground graham cracker over the cookies. Let the cookies cool on the cookie sheet for 5 mins then transfer to a cooling rack.
Store at cool room temperature in airtight containers for up to one week.
AWESOME TIP: Eat these babies warm or pop them in the microwave for 10 seconds before devouring for a warm, gooey, melt-in-your-mouth experience
Until next time, y’all!!
Share this with the world... :P