Garlicky, Cheesy, Pasta-y Blog Love
He loves me, he really really loves me!!
I wasn’t sure at first, but now I am!! …He loves me!!
First, it started with him just telling me that he likes me. See?
I like you.
There, it had to be said.
It could be because I paid him to say that (a.k.a. donated $$ to his Movember team) but I’ll take what I can get! :P And then…and then he tried to play hard to get with his Christmas card. Trying to distance himself and shit. Denying things.
And now. He fully admits his love for me.
I’m only fucking with you as with reading your blog, I,m being Le Clown of course. 2013 will be good for us.
This means he’s going to read my blog now, yes?! Well maybe in 2013… But this means he loves me!! Hence my subsequent reply.
I KNEW YOU LOVED ME!! <3
I’m so happy to have so many lovers. Wait. Let me rephrase. Blog lovers!! I consider you a blog lover if we read each others’ shit and comment while giving and receiving back rubs, you know. Or in Rich’s case, foot rubs. Even if you don’t have a blog and you just comment as my friend, I try to shower you with baked goods in appreciation and to show my blog love of course.
This whole blogging thing is still new to me. I didn’t quite understand what I was getting myself into. In the beginning, it was all, write posts, post them, cry when only two people read them (myself and my mom). Just kidding. I don’t cry, I make cupcakes instead. So many, many cupcakes later, I still was confused. Where do I want my blog to go?
Certainly, I am not your normal everyday stay-at-home-mom-baker-blogger that I’ve seen so many of online (I’m single and have no babies). I think they would balk at my use of profanity though I dare say my recipes are quite tasty ;) Those moms are awesome and like superheroes themselves in order to raise children and have a full time blog.
I’m certainly not as sarcastic or in-your-face-you-better-love-me-or-have-some-witty-ass-shit-to-say as Le Clown. I’m not quite as funny as Jen and Tonic and Sweet Mother who have me rolling on the daily (rolling = laughing. I don’t do drugs). Nor am I as eloquent as Cathy from LargeSelf is with her poems nor as great with the funny & words as Becca on Fire. I certainly don’t weave together an awesome story or inspirational message using GIFs like Jasmine Kyle does. I’m not even as artistic as TJ Lubrano with her freaking awesome cupcake illustrations or so amazing as Timmer from Second Lunch to pop out some crazy ass shit given the hashtag #batmanandcupcakesbetch. Just look at it! It’s beautiful! I squealed and did a little dance when he Tweeted me that shit.
The list does go on and on. I fit in nowhere. I don’t fit into any one of their niches. This used to make me sad. But not really, because I would just bake a fuckton. But now, now it doesn’t bother me so much. I just think eh, “feck it” as Sweet Mother would say and go on my merry way handing out cupcakes like it’s my job.
So when Le Clown sends me an email assuring me he’s just fucking around with me because my brain can’t think up a witty enough comment to appease Le Clown due to the sheer amount of cupcakes I’ve had for breakfast, I just smile and think “…so this is love…“ Blog love people, get with the program!!
You know who’s also awesome, Le Clown’s wife (or is it L’Eric’s wife? I’m not quite sure to be honest), The Ringmistress, whose post on bloody holiday crafts made me apprehensive but impressed at the same time… Side thought: I wonder which clown she takes to bed…? Well either way, I bet she draws the shit out of him (them?) on a daily basis.
I love how I’m surrounded by their inspirational and hilarious posts each and every day. It pushes me to do better and make more funnies. I’ve never seen a Batman, cupcake, foodie blog mesh such as mine. But I think Ashley Austrew puts it best in one of her comments.
Food + cussing = my ideal blog. LOL
Maybe one of these days, I’ll feel like I finally have a place in this crazy carnival that is WordPress
So what’s the point of this blabbering post you say? To teach you how to make some m’fucking pasta, bitches.
Garlicky, Cheesy Pasta Recipe
*Adapted from busycooks.com
- 3/4-1 lb. spaghetti pasta
- 3-4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4-1/2 cup chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1/4 tsp. salt, truffle if possible
- 1/8 tsp. pepper + more for garnish
- 3/4 cup grated pepper jack cheese (or cheese of choice) + 1/4 cup for garnish
- Large pot, coriander, sauté pan, large serving bowl
- Cook the pasta al dente according to package directions (6-7 mins). Meanwhile, chop the garlic (I used 4 instead of 3 cloves for extra garlicky goodness) and parsley. Sauté the garlic in the olive oil for about 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- The moment the pasta is done, drain the pasta in a coriander and rinse with cold water immediately to stop the cooking process. Add the pasta to the garlic and olive oil along with 3/4 cup cheese, pepper, parsley, and truffle salt (Note: The truffle salt really adds a whole dimension of flavor) to the sauté pan.
- Toss quickly for just a minute to allow the cheese to melt and everything to get evenly distributed. Transfer the pasta to a serving bowl and garnish with 1/4 cup cheese, pepper, and parsley if desired. Serves 4.
Until next time, y’all!